1 June 2021

June 1 Weigh-In: Reaching a Milestone, Working on Not Being Obsessed

Pounds lost since last weigh-in: 1

Total pounds lost so far: 50

I did it! I lost 50 pounds! I don't know why the difference between 49 pounds and 50 feels so good... but it does!

* * * *

As I inched towards the 50-pound mark, I started weighing myself more frequently and was beginning to obsess again. 

I went back and read this post: What Is My Ideal Weight? Why I Don't Have a Weight Goal. I need to read this frequently. I don't want this experience to turn into a diet trap, the "trying to lose that last 10 pounds" scenario that I struggled with for so many years. 

Here's what I need to do.
1. Buy a few more clothes that fit at the size I am right now.
2. Continue eating and exercising the way I have been.
3. Weigh myself monthly.
4. Stop writing this blog for a while, unless there is a significant change. 

My weight-loss may end at 50 pounds, or it may continue moving slowly but downward. Either way, I want to focus on the positive, and not on losing more weight.

Thank you for reading and for all your support. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I think buying clothes that fit you now will give you a good signal that you have "arrived."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo -- 50 pounds!! That is awesome! I agree that it's a great idea to reward yourself with new clothes. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fifty is nifty! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much to you all, and to everyone who emailed their support. I could not have achieved this goal without you. If I have more to report, I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.