27 March 2021

Clothing, Plus Another Word About Poop

My clothes are swimming on me. 

I do have some smaller t-shirts that I haven't worn in many years, which I'm now wearing comfortably. But they're weekend and after-work clothes. I have no smaller clothes for work, and everything is billowing. 

I thought I would wait until my weight-loss stops, and then begin to build a new wardrobe. I'm reluctant to buy an interim size.

I am buying new bras soon. Bras can't wait. In fact, I'm using a trip to a bra-fitting boutique as an excuse for a small family getaway. 

I try to only buy quality clothing that is durable. I hate buying things that very quickly look awful or become unwearable. So I usually spend more -- which makes me reluctant to shop for clothes that may be too large a few months later. 

I should also add that I hate shopping. Poking around in thrift shops for $3 t-shirts is not an option for me. I shop online, which I find easy and efficient. My go-to is Lands' End. (It used to be either L.L.Bean or Lands' End, but over the years I've gradually phased out Bean in favour of Lands' End.) 

Maybe this is a time to buy a few very inexpensive items, as a bridge? It pains me to think of buying cheap, poor-quality clothing. But spending a lot of money on good clothing doesn't make sense right now either. Maybe I just need to live with the overly large t-shirts for a while longer.

Not sure what to do! File this under #GreatProblemToHave.

* * * *

On the topic of poop, I will say literally one word. And that word is constipation

OK, four more words. It is not fun.

2 comments:

  1. think most sizes in Land's End (I buy much of my stuff there also) will cover a range of weights. I usually wear a medium in shirts, for example, and even when my weight would yoyo five to ten pounds or more, that size seemed to fit well enough. And today with everyone wearing yoga pants and elastic waists, that should also cover a range of sizes.

    It must feel great to see that the clothes are getting too loose---except if your pants are falling down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel great, thank you Amy.

    Not sure I know what to buy even for a range of weights! I'll try to hold off shopping as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.