2 November 2020

Post-Op Diet Phase 2: An Exciting Day: Yogurt, Plus a Short Walk

Eating a half-cup of plain yogurt should not be this exciting! But I was so happy to put some real food in my mouth this morning.

I can now add V8, plain yogurt, and a protein shake to my hourly intake.

The biggest change will be quantity. In phase 1, you are limited to 3-4 ounces per serving. I found that if I had even slightly more I didn't feel well. Now in phase 2, serving sizes are supposed to be 4-6 ounces. I'll have to approach that slowly to avoid discomfort and nausea.

Phases 1 and 2 combined represent the first two weeks after surgery.

In addition, I can start physical activity again. Pre-surgery, I had shut down all my exercise because of the urticaria. Vigorous exercise is a common trigger, plus for a long time I wasn't sleeping and felt like crap. Now, post-surgery, vigorous is off the table. I'll start today with a short walk on my street and see how that feels.

4 comments:

  1. Does that mean you can one of those three every hour? That sounds pretty reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I can't have those three every hour. I have 4-6 oz of *something* every hour. Such as:
    9:00 4 oz V8
    10:00 4 oz yogurt
    11:00 5 oz coconut water
    etc.

    This is the same as the previous phase, but with a bit more variety and a bit more quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like a challenge, but I do like that you can at least have something every hour, even if it's just a liquid and only 4-6 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not at all hungry. I feel like eating :) but I'm not hungry. Plus as the food goes down, there's discomfort, sometimes pain. Lots of incentive to not stray.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.