1 November 2020

Post-Op Diet: Final Day of Phase 1

Today's the final day of the Phase 1 diet, and good riddance. Although it will be quite a while until I eat solid food, I am looking forward to a tiny bit more variety, plus some protein.

Phase 2, which starts tomorrow, includes a protein shake -- milk (any kind) plus protein powder, no fruit yet -- consumed over the course of the day. You can also eat small portions of Greek yogurt, and thicker juices such as V8.

Phase 1 and 2 combined are two weeks. For Phase 3, you'll have to keep reading. Ha! I'm kidding, but I'm determined not to look too far ahead. One day at a time.

Yesterday I learned why you are advised to use 3-4 ounce portions! I poured a tiny extra bit of juice, such a small amount, it seemed harmless.. but ugh, it hurt going down. I didn't do it on purpose, but I will purposely avoid that now.

Other than that occasional discomfort, I feel fine! No complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.