25 October 2020

The Final Countdown!

I've completed the two-week semi-fast. 

I found that after a few days, my appetite sharply decreased, which I know from past experience is from eliminating most carbohydrates, eating only a small amount of whole grains. (I have always found this to be true for me, but also found it challenging to sustain, and easily undone.)

I'm caffeine free. I miss coffee and I can't wait to drink it again. But I didn't get headaches or suffer any other ill effects.

Today begins the final 48-hour fast. I'm dreading it. But... I'm resigned.

I checked my flights, and they are not crowded at all. This was definitely a relief. In this case, the optimist sees the plane as half empty!

Later today I fly to Vancouver, where I'll stay in an airport hotel. I will miss one of my favourite little treats when I travel alone: room service dinner and a glass of red wine. Nope. Water and fruit juice are the only things on the menu.

I've gotten amazing, steadfast, and caring support from my friends who are reading this blog. Thank you all!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I am excited for you! Have a good trip to Vancouver and Mexico, and back home. I hope everything goes exceptionally well for you. We will be thinking of you, sending you virtual hugs! Thanks for keeping us all posted on this blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm excited too. I'm sure I will blog along the way. Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, my friend, and I hope the surgery goes well and you are back home with Allan and the pups as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.