3 October 2020

I've Been Cleared for Takeoff

This week I had my bloodwork done and had an ECG. Yesterday I spoke with my doctor about the results, and she is writing a letter authorizing that I am healthy enough for surgery.

All my bloodwork was normal. I was very pleased that my fasting blood sugar levels have not worsened. They are still in the high-normal or "pre-diabetic" range -- which is what prompted my thinking about surgery -- but they have not gone over the line into diabetes.

Also this week, I got some fantastic news. I reached out to the dietitian in our health centre. Turns out she's had several clients who have had weight-loss surgery in Mexico, and she can do all my follow-up care! I was so happy about this! We're resuming our sessions as of this week. 

My next blog post should be that the surgery has been scheduled.

2 comments:

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.