31 October 2020

Greetings from Self-Isolation

I'm home!

Because I was out of the country, the Government of Canada requires that I self-isolate for 14 days. This is a law, and it's enforceable -- they do check up -- but regardless of that, I take it quite seriously. The incidence of covid-19 in our area is very low, and the last thing I want to do is expose anyone to the virus.

Self-isolation is not a perfect system, as it was impossible for me to go directly from the airport to my home. I took extra precautions in that interim. Now that I'm home, A and I are sleeping in separate rooms, not touching, and distancing. I couldn't even hug him when he picked me up from the airport! 

A and I talked about it on the way home, and we both feel my chance of exposure was very low. 

- 100% of the time I was away, 100% of everyone around me was masked. Masks are mandatory in airports, on flights, and in the hospital.

- I practiced social distancing the entire time, with two exceptions -- the two crowded flights. And in those, the seat beside me was empty on both flights.

- I washed and sanitized my hands frequently.

- I was not in any restaurants, clubs, events, or even crowded stores.

Another thing -- and I don't know if or how this figures in -- is that I may have already had covid, in early March. While traveling for work, I became very sick, with all the symptoms. We don't know if I had it, and if I did, that doesn't mean I have immunity -- but it could.

I've been working at home, so even when I go back to work, isolating is not an issue. 

I'm counting the days, hoping I don't get sick.


3 comments:

  1. Of course, the first question that popped into my brain after reading this was---are you allowed to hug the dogs? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Lots of doggie snuggling going on. 🙂❤

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.