15 September 2020

Clinic Approvals, Timing

Endo Bariatrics, in Piedras Negras (near-ish San Antonio, Texas), approved me for surgery almost immediately. They are now bombarding me with marketing emails, especially from their patient coordinator, a former patient herself, who used to weigh 400 pounds. I don't want to unsubscribe until I'm approved at the other clinic.

Oasis of Hope, in Tijuana (near San Diego), has asked for additional information -- a blood panel, an EKG, and a letter from a primary care doctor clearing me for surgery. Unfortunately, like most people in our town, we don't have a family doctor, but there is a primary care doctor that I see more often, the same doctor who referred me for the surgery in BC. I have an upcoming appointment to see her, and presumably I'll be able to tick the boxes soon after that.

After that, I can schedule the surgery anytime in October or November. There will be the two-week fast before surgery, which I have concerns about. But the big takeaway: it's happening soon.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sure is a fast track! I am glad you are so optimistic about it all and that everything seems to be progressing so quickly. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.