16 December 2019

A Big Disappointment

It seems that I started this blog way too early!

I've just had a major disappointment about the surgery.

Looking at surgical wait times online, the wait for bariatric surgery is minimal -- anywhere from 5 to 12 weeks. As it turns out, that is after you've been accepted into the program. Wait time to get into the program: 30 months. 2.5 years.

I'm so disappointed!

Yes, yes, I know I can eat less and exercise more in the meantime. But I also know that will have minimal effect. I will continue to be hungry almost all the time, and continue to be limited in how much exercise I can get, because of other health issues.

The reasons I want the surgery are the reasons that eating less and exercising more is not an adequate answer for me.

Wow. Really sad.


1 comment:

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.