31 October 2019

So I've Decided To Have Bariatric Surgery

I've decided to have bariatric surgery, also known as weight-loss surgery. The surgery, along with pre- and post-operative support, will be covered by the public health care system where I live.

It's a huge decision, because it entails major lifestyle changes -- permanent changes. I've done a lot of research and have given this a lot of careful thought, and I feel good about the decision. Even so, I have many concerns! I'll be addressing all of them on this blog.

The world doesn't need another blog, but I'm a writer, I process life by writing about it. If anyone stumbles on my blog and wants to ride along, all the better.

Another reason for blogging is that I don't want to share this journey with the people I see every day, and don't want to announce it on social media. A blog gives me a bit of anonymity. If posts somehow come back to me, there's room for plausible deniability.

2 comments:

  1. I will be watching this closely. You are the second person in my life to choose this option recently. I have never considered it. Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit surprised by it myself! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, as long as they're not sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted. Comments solely for the purpose of re-directing traffic or commercial sales will not be posted.